Consistency is the key. No matter what you do in life, whether it’s studies, work, learning a new skill, or simply doing your skincare, everything is most beneficial when done with proper consistency. That’s why most people say that skin care is something people need to do every day, without fail.
Serums are an integral part of any skincare routine. It is a skincare product that is specially designed to penetrate deeply into the skin and deliver targeted benefits such as hydration, anti-ageing and brightening effects, fighting acne and acne marks, and more. Serums usually contain a higher concentration of active ingredients compared to moisturisers. However, if you’re wondering, “should I use face serum every day?”, well, yes, they’re extremely safe to use every day. In fact, it is recommended by experts that you use a serum every day to get optimal results.
Reasons Why You Should Be Using a Face Serum Daily
If you’re still wondering, “can I use Serum every day?”, our answer is yes, you can, in fact, you should. Here are a few reasons why you should definitely use a face serum every day:
1. Target Oriented: Face serums contain a higher concentrated formula of various active ingredients that target specific skin concerns such as dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and dullness.
2. Smaller Molecules: Serums are lightweight, and their smaller molecules are easier to go deeper into the skin while leaving the skin looking fresh as a daisy.
3. Antioxidant Protection: Several serums contain antioxidants that help to protect the skin every day, from free radical damage, environmental pollutants, and more.
4. Layering: Face serum is applied directly on damp skin before using a moisturiser. This allows for better absorption and layering of other skincare products, leading to more effective results in the long run.
5. Customisable: Different serums target different skin concerns. So, you can choose the one that addresses your specific skin needs and goals. In fact, you can even mix and match some of it, as long as the active ingredients in them do not have a contradictory effect on your skin.
Benefits Of Using Face Serum Every Day
Applying a face serum is an important step in your daily skincare routine. It comes with a lot of benefits as well, some of which are enlisted below:
1. Serums hydrate and nourish the skin daily, leaving it supple and fresh.
2. When used regularly, face serums target specific skin concerns and work on them faster.
3. Face serums add radiance and brighten your skin’s complexion from within.
4. With several antioxidant ingredients present in them, serums provide antioxidant protection on a daily basis.
5. The penetrative nature of serums lets them seep into the skin while improving the absorption of other skincare products.
6. Most face serums leave you with a firm, youthful and glowing skin.
7. Serums address skin conditions such as acne and hyperpigmentation and help fight them with daily application.
Drawbacks Of Using Face Serum Every Day
There are always two sides to a coin. Even after all these benefits, if you’re still wondering, “is it okay to use Serum every day?”, it is. However, you should be aware of certain drawbacks that come with using a face serum every day:
1. Face serums can be more expensive than other skincare products.
2. People with sensitive skin may face irritation, redness or breakouts if the serum’s formulation doesn’t suit them. Therefore, you should always do a patch test first, to see if your skin is reacting adversely to any of the ingredients.
3. Even when used daily, you should only use a small amount of serum. Any overuse can lead to skin imbalances, dryness, and even acne or pimples.
4. A wrong combination of multiple serums can do more harm than good. Never mix serums without being 100% sure that this combination of ingredients won’t result in skin irritation or decreased effectiveness.
5. Not choosing scientifically-backed products can have negative impacts on your skin. Always choose products that have been scientifically proven to give the desired results. Otherwise, this could lead to negative or delayed effects.
Expert Tips for Incorporating Face Serum into Your Daily Skincare Routine
Now, how do you include a serum in your skincare routine? Here’s how:
1. Properly clean your face with a cleanser or face wash.
2. Use a pea-sized amount or 3-4 drops of serum.
3. Massage into the skin and wait for a few minutes so that it gets absorbed into the skin.
4. Use a moisturiser on top of the serum to lock in its benefits.
5. Choose a face serum that addresses your specific skin concerns and according to your lifestyle, customise your routine.
6. Apply sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage and to preserve the benefits of a serum.
7. Store properly to ensure effectiveness.
Now, you know all the things you need to know about using a serum daily. So, if you’re still wondering if you should use a Serum every day, yes, do it! However, be cautious of the drawback and work accordingly.